Course in Oil Spill Response Operations
The Course in Oil Spill Response Operations (IMO I equivalent) provides training in the safe and effective operation of offshore, nearshore and shoreline oil spill response equipment for individuals and team leaders.
Designed for industry personnel involved in the practical aspects of oil spill response, including oil facility/marine terminal responders, aspiring AMOSC Core Group members and nominated personnel suitable for site supervisory roles.
- The course offers practical and theoretical opportunities to develop skills and knowledge in the following:
- Oil spill assessment and notification procedures,
- Oil spill response techniques and strategies,
- Identification, operation, deployment and recovery of oil spill response equipment,
- Site assessment, decontamination and waste management, and
- Communications between tactical field operations and an operational Incident Management Team.
4 days classroom face-to-face sessions and practical field deployments
- Contribute as a member of an emergency response team attending to an oil spill with particular responsibility for the (1) coordination of the incident site and staging area and (2) the management of equipment and waste.
Upcoming Accredited Courses
|Delivery Style||Date||Time||Location||Available Spaces||Cost|
|Course in Oil Spill Response Operations||4 - 7 March 2024||08:30 am - 04:30 pm||AMOSC Geelong||18||$5,820.00|
|Course in Oil Spill Response Operations||10 - 13 June 2024||08:30 am - 04:30 pm||AMOSC Fremantle||20||$5,820.00|
|Course in Oil Spill Response Operations||26 - 29 August 2024||08:30 am - 04:30 pm||AMOSC Geelong||20||$5,820.00|
|Course in Oil Spill Response Operations||7 - 10 October 2024||08:30 am - 04:30 pm||AMOSC Fremantle||20||$5,820.00|